Vehicles that are affected or contaminated with asbestos often require a lot of time and expertise to clean thoroughly. There is no safe level of exposure to Asbestos and at Juvenaire, we ensure that every project is completed according to stringent government guidelines. Asbestos being fibrous in nature is usually not observable by the naked eye. It is extremely harmful to humans as it may cause major lung illnesses and even cancer. Due to the nature of this dangerous contaminant, we ensure that stringent Workplace Health and Safety processes are all in accordance with Asbestos regulations to protect our technicians and the vehicle occupant.
All vehicles contaminated with asbestos will be removed from site in accordance with Asbestos regulations. Then the basic process will follow:
1. Containment of the vehicle to prevent further spreading of the asbestos fibres into the environment
2. Decontamination and removal of car parts
3. Testing the vehicle for traces of asbestos fibres
4. Disposal of non-salvageable car furnishings and parts (safely wrapped in EPA approved bags)
All asbestos contaminated vehicles that will be crushed will have certificates provided at the conclusion of the decontamination process.
Each vehicle will be assessed individually, and a remediation plan designed and executed specific to the vehicle.
More Juvenaire Auto Decontamination Information:
- Odour Decontamination Of An Odour Affected Vehicle - Odour decontamination in vehicles can be quite challenging as the source of the odour may be difficult to determine. Juvenaire’s technicians specialise in the removal of odour and sanitisation of vehicles. For more information on odour removal click here The… ...Continue Reading
- Forensic & Biohazard Vehicle Decontamination - A vehicle may require forensic or biohazard decontamination in many different cases. Pets, rogue animals such as rodents or other pests may also enter the… ...Continue Reading
- Vehicle Methamphetamine Decontamination - Early 2017, Juvenaire launched its Auto Decontamination Division to fill the demand for a growing number of vehicle restorations. Juvenaire restores vehicles contaminated by mould,… ...Continue Reading
- Odour Contaminated Vehicle – Case Study: Snake Under Bonnet - Juvenaire recently dealt with an odour contaminated vehicle with the most unusual order source. Technicians were called in to address an odour within the vehicle.… ...Continue Reading