During and after a fire, a distinct odour is emitted from a fire damaged vehicle. This is a result of chemicals from the burning materials being released into the atmosphere and being absorbed into the pores of the building materials. Smoke odour can be very difficult to remove but is possible if treated properly.
Similar to a property affected by fire, smoke or soot, a vehicle exposed to fire and smoke will suffer from soot residue permeating through all surfaces including seats, door panels, dashboard, wiring and carpets. The issues associated with a vehicle affected by fire and smoke is not only the residue left on all surfaces but the smoke odour that permeates into the porous materials. This smoke odour can be extremely difficult to remove.
A vehicle affected by fire, smoke and/or soot damage may require extensive decontamination which could include the removal of car seats and carpets. Then thorough cleaning methods are employed to remove the soot source and ozone gas technology is used to remove lingering odours. Vehicles affected by fire, smoke and/or soot can be successfully restored back to pre-damage condition with the combination of the above-mentioned methods.
Key Points to consider:
- The quicker you engage Juvenaire’s Auto Decon Services, the better the chances you have of recovering and removing the odour from your vehicle.
- Smoke residue combined with moisture and high humidity on any metal surface and electronic component can lead to corrosion. Electronic components if not stabilised immediately, may lose their ability to be salvaged.
- Do not attempt to clean smoke residue yourself. The use of incorrect products may cause more issues such as set the stain into the materials instead of removing it.
- The key to smoke odour removal is through source removal and total decontamination of the vehicle
Juvenaire has a varied range of smoke deodorisation processes that can be used depending on the cause and conditions of the fire and smoke damage. On the initial inspection, a Project Manager will assess and organise a Scope of Works that outlines the restoration process for successful restoration of the motor vehicle as well as the elimination of any odours.
More Juvenaire Auto Decontamination Information:
- Forensic & Biohazard Car Decontamination - Juvenaire remediates Vehicle Biohazard including car break-ins, removal of sharps, in addition to blood and biohazards in Brisbane, Gold Coast, Sunshine Coast as well as… ...Continue Reading
- Vehicle Methamphetamine Decontamination - Earlier this year, Juvenaire launched its Auto Decontamination Division and has since been receiving a large amount of cars contaminated with methamphetamine. We hear many… ...Continue Reading
- Odour Contaminated Vehicle - Earlier this year, Juvenaire dealt with an odour contaminated automotive vehicle. Our first task was to find the source of the odour which then allowed… ...Continue Reading