Vehicles that have an odour may be caused by the following:
– Water damage
– Smoke or soot residue and fire damage
– Forensic and biological remnants (blood, faeces, etc)
– Food scraps or debris
– Protein odour (biological breakdown of organic substances).
How is odour detected?
Odour is interpreted by sensation, experience, knowledge and suggestion.
There are two types of odours, “real odour” a pure sensation of smell transmitted to the brain and ‘psychological odour’ or ‘heightened awareness odour’ that people think they smell based on experience, suggestion and past experience. The latter is the most difficult odour to address for the restoration technician.
As odour can be difficult to eliminate, each vehicle will be assessed individually. These are the steps that we undertake to:
1. Discover the source
2. Remove, clean and decontaminate the odour source with speciality cleaning agents
3. Fog, mist, use heat gas technology or ozone gas technology processes to eliminate the final smell.
Each vehicle will be assessed individually, and a remediation plan is carried out specific to the vehicle.
More Juvenaire Auto Decontamination Information:
- Odour Decontamination Of An Odour Affected Vehicle - Odour decontamination in vehicles can be quite challenging as the source of the odour may be difficult to determine. Juvenaire’s technicians specialise in the removal of odour and sanitisation of vehicles. For more information on odour removal click here The… ...Continue Reading
- Forensic & Biohazard Vehicle Decontamination - A vehicle may require forensic or biohazard decontamination in many different cases. Pets, rogue animals such as rodents or other pests may also enter the… ...Continue Reading
- Vehicle Methamphetamine Decontamination - Early 2017, Juvenaire launched its Auto Decontamination Division to fill the demand for a growing number of vehicle restorations. Juvenaire restores vehicles contaminated by mould,… ...Continue Reading
- Odour Contaminated Vehicle – Case Study: Snake Under Bonnet - Juvenaire recently dealt with an odour contaminated vehicle with the most unusual order source. Technicians were called in to address an odour within the vehicle.… ...Continue Reading