When water enters a motor vehicle, absorption of water into door linings, seats, carpets, the sub-floor, the dashboard and other soft furnishings can cause serious damage. If left untreated, water absorption can result in mould growth and can cause further damage. Where possible, vehicles should be processed promptly in order to minimise further damage and reduce restoration costs.
Water damaged vehicles can be placed into either of the two categories that determines which restoration procedures should be applied to provide the best result:
- General Water Damage is classified as ‘clean water’ such as rain water that has entered via an open window, roof or door. Early treatment may only require drying the interior, followed by detailing. The result ensures that a high quality restoration can be achieved to bring the vehicle to pre-loss condition.
- Black Water Damage is classified as water entering via the door seals (door linings) and is caused predominantly by flooding. Water from floods are usually teeming with bacteria and contaminants and is known as black water damage. It has significantly more contaminants, all of which can be dangerous if not dealt with promptly and correctly. Black water contaminated vehicles may require a more extensive restoration process including: removal of seats and carpets, thorough drying and the application of an antimicrobial agent. The final detail clean will ensure that the vehicle is returned at an optimal condition.
Auto-Decon Services ensure that each vehicle will be assessed individually, and a remediation plan actioned specific to the vehicle.
More Juvenaire Auto Decontamination Information:
- Odour Decontamination Of An Odour Affected Vehicle - Odour decontamination in vehicles can be quite challenging as the source of the odour may be difficult to determine. Juvenaire’s technicians specialise in the removal of odour and sanitisation of vehicles. For more information on odour removal click here The… ...Continue Reading
- Forensic & Biohazard Vehicle Decontamination - A vehicle may require forensic or biohazard decontamination in many different cases. Pets, rogue animals such as rodents or other pests may also enter the… ...Continue Reading
- Vehicle Methamphetamine Decontamination - Early 2017, Juvenaire launched its Auto Decontamination Division to fill the demand for a growing number of vehicle restorations. Juvenaire restores vehicles contaminated by mould,… ...Continue Reading
- Odour Contaminated Vehicle – Case Study: Snake Under Bonnet - Juvenaire recently dealt with an odour contaminated vehicle with the most unusual order source. Technicians were called in to address an odour within the vehicle.… ...Continue Reading