Juvenaire established its mould remediation services in 2004 and has since developed specialist techniques and uses the latest technologies to successfully remove mould from affected properties.
Where there is moisture, there is potential for mould growth. If mould is found within a property, the cause is likely to be a source of moisture. It is important to ensure the correct steps are taken to remove the mould as it may also be hidden behind flooring or walls. This includes tracking and rectifying the moisture problem whether from a leak or storm damage.
Juvenaire technicians are trained to identify the source of moisture causing the mould growth. Once rectified, it is less likely that there would be a recurrence of mould.
An on-site inspection is the most crucial step in identifying and determining the best plan of action for treatment. Although identifying visual mould is important, knowing the source of the mould is just as vital. Without identifying the moisture source, even the best removal and remediation methods can become ineffective as mould will eventually resurface if not treated accurately.
Technicians will track the moisture source and inspect suspected areas (such as behind walls and flooring) to formulate the most effective remediation processes.
The Remediation Plan
A mould remediation plan usually includes:
- Identification and correction of mould growth conditions such as moisture and humidity
- the use of appropriate personal protective equipment by technicians
- Using speciality equipment to remove airborne mould spores
- Setting up containment to enclose affected areas to stop the mould from spreading to clean areas
- Steps to safely and effectively remove mould affected building materials and contents
- Pack-outs (if required), restoration of affected contents and its secure storage
- Final cleaning, decontamination, drying and clearance testing.
The remediation plan can vary greatly depending on the size and complexity of the job.
As a part of Juvenaire’s mould removal services, we collect and test mould samples to:
- Ascertain the true extent of mould contamination
- Species identification to determine the toxicity and health risks to humans
- Post remediation clearance testing for quality control
Final Clearance Testing
Several air and surface samples are taken in the remediated area for testing. Juvenaire’s team of air quality specialists carry out all the appropriate microbial testing. Some mould samples are sent to an independent laboratory for further testing to verify safe mould ecology post remediation.
Check out a detailed account of our Mould Remediation Project on a multi-million dollar property on the Gold Coast.
More Juvenaire Mould Removal Information:
- Townsville Floods in 2019 & Juvenaire’s Disaster Recovery Response - The floods in Townsville 2019 has caused mass displacement of people from their homes. The rains came as a blessing after a prolonged drought in… ...Continue Reading
- Mould Remediation for a Triple Storey, Multi-Million Dollar Property on the Gold Coast - Juvenaire has been in the restoration business for the past 27 years and has successfully completed countless mould remediation projects throughout Queensland. However, new challenges… ...Continue Reading
- Guide to Mould Removal - The best way to prevent mould is to remove water and moisture sources. Fixing leaks, installing proper insulation, drying out damp areas and removing humidity… ...Continue Reading
- Your House & Mould Contamination - Mould is a form of fungi which can inhabit building structures and organic substances. Mould will only grow within a sufficiently moist environment with very… ...Continue Reading
- Is Hidden Mould Making Your Family Sick? - The air quality in your home is important for you and your families health. But this can be impacted by hidden mould contamination, which is… ...Continue Reading
- Are you Sick of Finding Mould in your House? - Mould Prevention Tips Mould is unsightly and unhygienic. Here are a few of our tips we believe are most helpful prevent mould to spread in… ...Continue Reading
- Mould Contaminated Shipping Containers - Shipping containers of merchandise contaminated with mould. Clean or dispose? Juvenaire has been providing mould remediation services specialising in building and contents restoration since 2003.… ...Continue Reading
- Mould Growth Prevention in Your Home - Mould growth prevention is an easy task and moisture control is the key to mould control. When water leaks or a significant spill occur indoors, you… ...Continue Reading